Skip to main content

In the Name of Gaia


I, Mother Earth

Cradle thee tenderly

Offer up my breast

Feeding naturally


I, Mother Earth

Raise thee up high

Open thy mouth

Release thy cry


I, Mother Earth

Bounty give to thee

Embrace my gift

Engorge and set free


I, Mother Earth

Innate and free

Hold in my womb

Dominion of fertility


With love

By Janet Jarrell

Comments

  1. Great poem Janet - congrats again on your success in writing - may there be many more

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...same to you!

    Looking forward to the humour blog book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Want

A wee look into my thought process... Mar 24/09 In search of wisdom and contentment, I start yet another journal - this one dedicated to truth and lies, poems and prose - me. I want My father died still in want It is spring and the land is wanting what lies beneath not wanting to be found I want In want to be larger than life Yet want to shrink away into nothingness In want of a child In want of Love To be Loved To Love I want Janet Jarrell

I Am...

Struck...as My lips remain dumb I am in awe of myself Dancing in the rings of the full moon Working in the fields, harvesting time Remembering me yet Not knowing me In want of me Je suis tu es ils est elle est nous sommes ... No second chances Mark has butter sandwiches and you and Mimee Turn out ok Goo goo ga joob...

On Visiting Ted

"Well, your face doesn't show no tragedy" Ted Wilson, Dec 2011