Skip to main content

Finding "The"




As I sat at the piano

Counting my fingers through

The basic notes

I felt someone with me

It was Hannah Schmitz

And she was counting her words

To The Lady With the Little Dog

It was the same.

Her young lover was teaching her.

Again, same.

Now, I am on my own

As she was on her own

And I am finding 'the' on the piano.
By Janet Jarrell

Comments

  1. This is beautiful and makes me thought about 'being alone'.

    Can you really play the piano? This is a rare gift in Brazil, I mean among regular people.

    All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleverly done, they say that 'What goes around, comes around!'

    Nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenia, my girls are musically gifted and have taken piano for years - now they are teaching me - I am a beginner!

    I am sure you are right Andy, and I am waiting patiently for that.

    Peacefully

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Want

A wee look into my thought process... Mar 24/09 In search of wisdom and contentment, I start yet another journal - this one dedicated to truth and lies, poems and prose - me. I want My father died still in want It is spring and the land is wanting what lies beneath not wanting to be found I want In want to be larger than life Yet want to shrink away into nothingness In want of a child In want of Love To be Loved To Love I want Janet Jarrell

I Am...

Struck...as My lips remain dumb I am in awe of myself Dancing in the rings of the full moon Working in the fields, harvesting time Remembering me yet Not knowing me In want of me Je suis tu es ils est elle est nous sommes ... No second chances Mark has butter sandwiches and you and Mimee Turn out ok Goo goo ga joob...

On Visiting Ted

"Well, your face doesn't show no tragedy" Ted Wilson, Dec 2011